A Portrait of Paul: Identifying a True Minister of Christ
What does a true pastor look like, and what constitutes a faithful ministry? How can we identify the life and labors of one called by God to serve in the church of Jesus Christ? To address these questions, Rob Ventura and Jeremy Walker examine how the apostle Paul describes his pastoral relation to the people of God in Colossians 1:24–2:5. By discussing these essential attitudes, qualities, and characteristics of a faithful minister of Christ, A Portrait of Paul provides gospel ministers an example of what they should be, and demonstrates for churches the kind of pastors they will seek if they desire men after God’s own heart.
- Churches looking for a pastor will find guidance in what a faithful man of God will look like.
- Christians looking for a church will find a tool by which they can assess the pastors of the flock in the light of God’s Word, finding men to whom they can commit the care of their souls.
- Christians already in a church will be better equipped to pray for their pastors and will further understand what it really means to be shepherded by a man after God’s own heart.
- Ministerial students pursuing the work of the ministry will see a picture of a man they should seek to imitate.
- Pastors will be encouraged to persevere in the high calling of gospel ministry.
Publisher: Reformation Heritage Books
ISBN (13 digit):9781601780904
Tags: paul, pastor, ministry